Senior Threat Researcher
About the team...
Endgame’s Research team creates novel technologies which allow the Endgame platform to protect customers against advanced adversaries. The team includes data scientists, reverse engineers, adversary experts, and seasoned incident response and hunt operators all working together to produce some of the industry’s most powerful signatureless detection methods. Endgame Research delivers new capabilities directly into the Endgame product, allowing Endgame to innovate more rapidly than anyone else in the industry. We are also open, encouraging team members to share publicly and release free tools which have an impact beyond the Endgame customer base. If you want to work on innovative research with brilliant teammates and see your creations directly enabling Endgame customers to stop attacks, join our team.
About the role...
Endgame is seeking a Senior Threat Researcher to research and prototype techniques for detection and prevention of malicious cyber activity on and across monitored endpoints. You apply hands-on expertise developed during previous research, engineering, hunt, or incident response activities to create new protection analytics and prototype innovative detection methods to deepen Endgame’s protection coverage of attacker techniques. You understand and use the entire scope of Endgame’s security-relevant data visibility. You work closely with the Endgame Data Science team to deliver new machine learning-powered detection methods.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in security roles involving hands-on incident response, endpoint and network analysis, operational cyber threat intelligence, or proactive threat detection threat research
- Expert-level understanding of post-exploit behaviors, forensic artifacts, and security controls
- Experience performing host-based analysis on Windows, Linux, and/or Mac
- Intermediate to expert programming skills in Python or a similar language. Familiarity with development tools such as Git and Jira.
- A deep understanding of computer systems, networks, and protocols
- Experience in analytic development for OS-agnostic malicious behavior detection including basic techniques such as outlier detection. Knowledge or experience of machine learning applied to the information security domain is a major plus.
- Demonstrable passion for cyber security including continual learning about new security controls, adversary tools, and offensive techniques
- Passion for sharing knowledge publicly through presentations and technical blog writing
- Knowledge of red team and penetration testing tools and frameworks
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly autonomous environment
Endgame's endpoint protection platform brings certainty to security with the most powerful scope of protections and simplest user experience, ensuring analysts of any skill level can stop targeted attacks before information theft. Endgame unifies prevention, detection, and threat hunting to stop known and unknown attacker behaviors at scale with a single agent.
At Endgame, people are everything. Our team operates at the cutting edge of technology, building products that protect enterprises against the most committed cyber adversaries.
Our team boasts some of the industry's brightest and most sought after minds in this field. We are passionate about what we do. We take our business seriously, but our environment is fun, energetic and highly collaborative. We understand that to build a great product, you need great people. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of talented individuals who are out to shape the future of cyber security.
Endgame is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – Disabled/Vet/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and innovation in the workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Endgame is unable to sponsor H1-B or other visas at this time.